Friday, February 1, 2013

January Gone

Good Evening Everyone!
I am not enjoying all this cold weather, and walking around the farm is no fun either with all this ice.
Knock on wood, I have not fallen yet. The other thing that I can knock on wood about is that I have not caught a cold or the flu that is going around. The grand kids and DH are all getting over it now.

In January I decided to keep track of when I stitched and how many stitches I did. 
So this is how I did.
This is the book that I have kept track  in.
Where you see the line drawn through the day are the
days that I did not do any stitching.
15 days of no stitching so that leaves 16 stitching day for the month. Of course my goal is to stitch some every day, but that doesn't always happen.
  
The 3 pieces that I worked on during January are:

Abigails Birth Sampler
I put 1152 stitches and a whole bunch of backstitching

Poinsettia House
620 stitches
Finished the roof and started the boarder on top.

And the new piece that I started
Green Quaker Sampler
1803 stitches


So for the Month of February I will be mainly working on 
Birds of the Feather by 
With Thy Needle and Thread
As you can see I don't have a lot left on this one, just finish the alphabet and the boarder.
So this just might me my first finish of 2013. And then it will be back to working on Abigail's birth sampler.
I do intend to get some of my WIP's done up this year and a few more Christmas ornament for my tree.

Its time to get some supper on the table so I will be leaving you with a cute picture of  my granddaughter. She is here for a little while this evening.

Happy Stitching
and stay warm
Denise

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Your grand daughter has a wonderful smile - love the new cover picture on your blog with the grandkids and your Hubby.

Love your stitching journal. I am thinking this is a great idea and I am going to try it for February.

Mary said...

All of the January WIPs look so pretty! The one planned for Feb is going to be beautiful and you're almost there!

I keep a stitching journal of sorts--the design name, designer, date began and finished, info about the fabrics and threads, etc.

You have an adorable granddaughter!

Vickie said...

Love the new picture up top Denise.

ricketyjo said...

I like the idea of keeping track of stitching, perhaps I'll give it a go. Your projects are really nice, I love the one you'll be stitching on in Feb. And your granddaughter is very cute, she has a great smile!

Mii Stitch said...

Great wips & clever idea of keeping track of your stitching days!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Denise

I love your idea of recording your stitches.
Your stitching all looks lovely!
I like your header photo and your Granddaughter is a cutie!
Happy weekend.

Vicki said...

Your header picture is great! I keep a journal of what day I start and finish stitching each pattern. I also have a calendar that I keep track of all my crafts on. It's kind of fun to see that I AM making progress especially when I feel like I'm not!

Heather said...

It must be pretty interesting to see how much you are stitching. I've always wondered just how much I stitch.

I love the designs you are working on. Very cute.

SoCal Debbie said...

I also keep a calendar and write down what I stitch on, but I don't count the stitches. Your Green Quaker Sampler looks really nice! You have a great new photo for your blog header!

Deb said...

Birth announcement is adorable! So is the grand daughter!

Good Morning Everyone! I just got back from having coffee with my daughter. This is something I don't normally get to do because she ...