Thursday, August 8, 2013

A little of this and a little of that????

Good Morning Blogland!

I have to tell you that I am loving this weather we are having! It gets up to about 80 degrees during the day and drops down to the low 60's in the evenings - great sleeping weather. We could use a good shot of rain! Every time we get a chance of rain it misses us.

After finishing Abigail's birth sampler I decided to start something new. 
This is Snowy Morn by Shepherds Bush
I am using the 32 ct Dirty linen an Au Ver a Soie Silk threads that came with this kit.
The 4 days that I worked on it I have completed 1030 stitches on it. It is so fun stitching with this silk thread. I  keep looking over at my pile of  WIP's , and think I should be working on some of them.
Guilt got to me and I grabbed We Three Kings and started working on it and now I can't put it down. I stayed up the other night until 4 in the morning working on it. ( I did try to go to bed but couldn't sleep)
Here is my progress so far on it.
If you want to see what it looked like the last time I updated about this piece you can go HERE. I have stitched 3 days on this piece and have put in 1077 stitches in.
I don't think that We Three Kings will be completed this year but maybe next year for sure. There is a lot of Kreinik that is used as well as Mill Hill Beads. The one good thing is that there is very little backstitching! I totally love all the beautiful colors in this project.
This is my box of DMC, Kreinik, & Beads for We Three Kings.

Well the dishes, the laundry, the floors, and of course the stitching is calling my name so until next time
Happy Stitching
Denise

12 comments:

Sarah in Stitches said...

Great start on Snowy Morn, and beautiful progress on We Three Kings! :D

Vicki said...

Cute new start and Three Kings is gorgeous! I like the way you have your threads pulled for that project. I usually throw mine in a baggy and then I'm frustrated with them!

Vicky L said...

Wow a lot of beads and Kreiniks for We Three Kings. Its going be gorgeous!

ricketyjo said...

Lovely stitching! I really love seeing all the colours lined up in the box ready to be transferred onto the fabric... everything looks so pretty!

Catherine said...

Great stitches! Love your box of supplies!

Heather said...

Seeing the floss and such all organized like that is so lovely. I just stuff everything into ziploc bags. Maybe I need to find a better solution.

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I love your WIP's. They are sure pretty.

I love how you got all of your thread organized for We Three Kings. That is the way I organized my threads too for all of my projects.

I use to stay up til 1 or 2 a.m. in the morning stitching. I don't do that anymore.

Can't wait til I see more progress on both of your WIP's.

Happy Stitching!

sharine said...

Great wips. Love the box of sparklies:)

Mii Stitch said...

Great new start & lovely progress on the wip :) That little box is a real treasure!

Anonymous said...

Hello Denise

Lovely new start and your wip is looking great.
Lovely stash in that little box!
Happy weekend (:

Linda said...

Wow Denise. Both pieces are beautiful. I love We Three Kings. That is one full box.

Linda

D1-D2 said...

I love this box. Where can I get one? It's much prettier than my plastic one.

Good Morning Everyone! I just got back from having coffee with my daughter. This is something I don't normally get to do because she ...