Friday, June 5, 2015

Good Morning Everyone!!!!!!

Once again it's been awhile (April 18th to be exact) 
It has been busy, fun, sad, some family time, some cross stitching, & some quilting. 

Family Time
April 18 we helped my Sister in Law celebrate her 50th birthday
April 19 we joined our grandson as he had his First Communion at church
Gavin is the one in the red shirt

April 24 I started a new quilt
This pattern is out of American Patchwork and Quilting Magazine
It is called Thirty Something 

Some of the material I am using


and some of the 4 1/2" blocks that I have completed as of today.
I need to make 42 of these blocks.

May 1st was my mother in laws 80th birthday and we had family from out of state come to visit and help celebrate her birthday.

We spent the weekend of May 8th with our daughter and grand kids camping. It was a little cold and rained Saturday night but we had a great time.

May 12  I traveled to Mitchell SD for PSE training for my Post Office job. Friday May 15 was our testing day and I pass so I still have my job. Ya me!

Thursday May 14th while in Mitchell I got a call that my Dad was taken to the VA Hospital - COPD flair up. We spoke with the Dr. and was told that Dad only had a short time left. So my sister flew in from New Mexico on Sunday and while we were out having supper we got the call that he had passed away.
Saying Goodbye May 24,2015

His 8 grandchildren were the pallbearers 

7 of the 8 grandchildren

My dads 2 brothers and his sister
On May 25 we attended Memorial Day Service at Willow Creek Lutheran Church
Laying flowers on a Veterans grave
Watching the Memorial Day Parade in Dell Rapids.
Jill and her family


Now some cross stitch news
I pick up We Three Kings again and here is what it looks like now


A new start and finish
America by Thread works Primitives
Started 5/24/15
Finished 5/29/15
32 ct Lt Sand Belfast linen
GA -midnight and shaker white - WDW - red rock

New Start
Olde Glory by Heart in Hand
started 5/30/15
32 ct Lt Sand Belfast Linen
WDW - whitewash, lancaster red, americana

Well that is about it for me folks, Sorry this post was so long !
The weekend is upon us and I hope everyone get to put in some stitching time. I know that I plan on it.

Happy Stitching
Denise






4 comments:

Vicki said...

So sorry for your loss, Denise.
Your quilt will be lovely! Your stitching looks terrific. I'm partial to the patriotic patterns!

cucki said...

So sorry for your loss dear
Beautiful stitching and your quilt will be so lovely
Hugs x

Sarah in Stitches said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my grandfather to COPD two years ago. The memorial service looks like it was lovely - it must have been so nice to have the family together like that. Your stitching is beautiful! Can't wait to see this quilt grow

Joyce said...

So sorry for the loss of your dad.
Love your patriotic stitching and the start of your quilt. Congratulations on passing your test. Have a good weekend.

Good Morning Everyone! I just got back from having coffee with my daughter. This is something I don't normally get to do because she ...