Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mothers Day Weekend

Time to catch up on all the blogs that I read and update you on my Mothers Day Weekend!

In my last blog I mentioned that it was my nieces birthday and that her mother was going down to see her and I surprised my homesick niece and went to Pella,Iowa with my sister. We left Friday morning and got down there after lunch. We sat the rest of the day and visited and checked out Chrissy's new house.

The town of Pella was having there Tulip Time Festival going on over the weekend so on saturday we walked around the venders, the flower shows, the quilt show, we saw people wearing Dutch costumes,they had several parades and of course we had to stop at the bakery for Dutch Letters - YUMMY!!!! we did a lot of walking and the weather was gorgeous

Sunday we left Pella and got home about 6:00pm, oh and what a surprise I had waiting for me. My husband had painted my bathroom & hung a new shower rod. But it didn't stop there he had pork loins, potatoes and baked beans for supper. The sad part of the day was I didn't get to see my 3 kids on Sunday but they all called & talked to me.

Here are some pictures I took while I was in Pella,Iowa.









These are just a few of my favorite pics, as you can see there were tons of tulips everywhere you went.

One last surprise that I got was on Monday while I was at work someone delivered these beautiful yellow roses to me. They were my mothers day gift from my daughter Kay, She knows how I love yellow roses.
Well I did manage to get a little cross stitching in over the week end but I will have to post pictures of them later I need to get to work now.
I hope every one is enjoying the beautiful weather
Denise

No comments:

Good Morning Everyone! I just got back from having coffee with my daughter. This is something I don't normally get to do because she ...