Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Family Weekend

This is a seriously over due update!
Have done some stitching but not as much as I had wanted.
No Lizzie Kate updates, Friday I will get another
Christmas Blessing done. ( that's my goal, anyway)

The beginning of last week I was still dealing with my bronchitis.
Went to the Dr. again on Tuesday, they gave me steroids and stronger
antibotics, since then I have gotten better but still have little cough,
mostly clearing my throat type cough.

Wednesday found me packing for our camping trip with the whole family.
We camped from Thursday until Sunday afternoon.
Was a beautful weekend until Sunday morning
a thunderstrom blew thru.
My husband & I had a trailer camper we were staying in and our
Kids & Grandkids were in tents besides us.
they all ended up in our camper to wait it out

There was 6 adults and 7 little ones  in a very small space


The only night that I cross stitched was Friday night.
All the rest of the adults were drinking by the fire
and the little ones were sleeping
So I stayed up until 2am stitching this:

I found this pattern on dmc-threads.com, it was a free pattern
thought it was kinda cute.
And I have not stitched since then :(

The place where we were camping also had a flea market set up there,
so I couldn't resist going a doing a little shopping.
Found a flower frog for my niece - she has been wanting one for a while now.
I also found 4 packages of unopen fabric, 3 were 25 count and 1 was 18 count
I spent $9.00 on all 4 of them. What a deal!

I have joined the Crazy January 2012 challenge.
This should be a lot of fun, I have been following the 2011 challenge,
and seen a lot of fabulous stitching.
Minna has crated a yahoo group ( here )

The rules are simple:

Start stitching a new design everyday from
Jan 1, to Jan 15
so by Jan 15th you have 15 new WIPs to stitch.

Then try to finish everything you started stitching during the year 2012

How fun is that!!!!!!!!!

Still have a bunch of blogs to read and get caught up on,
thats next on my list to do, right after I switch out the washer
and dryer. ( still trying to get the laundry caught up)

Hopefully I will have more stitching updates by the weekend.
Happy Stitching everyone!
Denise




3 comments:

Nancy said...

Glad your broncitus is getting better and that you had a fun family camping trip! I joined the 2012 challenge too, am throughly enjoying the 2011 one!

Lana said...

Love your little freebie!! It is cute! wow! that is ALOT of people in a tiny space!

Rhona said...

I love the freebie chart....I have this one too. I bought linen threads to stitch it with, but as yet haven't started it. I might just do that next as your's looks so good!

Good Morning Everyone! I just got back from having coffee with my daughter. This is something I don't normally get to do because she ...