Friday, May 3, 2013

Better Late than Never!

Hey everyone! I had intended to do this post on Monday but here I am on Friday making time to get this post out there. 

Last Sunday I completed April Showers
Freebie from Needle Bling Designs
28ct African Daisy Hand dyed Jobelan
and the called for threads (CC, GAST, WDW)
Started - 4/23/2013
Completed - 4/27/2013
abt. 900 stitches
Sorry the picture doesn't show that the fabric is actually a light yellow. Because I completed this at the end of  April I will get it finished so it can go in my Spring basket next spring.  We didn't have any spring showers this year, we had spring snow.

Well I did pretty good on stitching just about every day in the month of April. There were only 8 days that I did not pick up a needle and thread. Two of those days I worked on my craft room trying to get stuff put away again. And I bought a new book shelf to store all my magazine's and leaflets and hard covered books
The little book shelf was already in my craft room I just did some moving around and got it looking all neat and organized. (I'm not going to show you the rest of the room at the moment because that is still a mess)

So for the month of April I did a total of 4802 stitches. Here's the breakdown:
Poinsettia House - 1996 stitches 
(finished and posted pic on and earlier post)
Spring Shower - 900 Stitches 
(finished and pictured above)
Blooming with Inspiration - 948 Stitches
(still working on this one)
Green Quaker - 958 Stitches
( this one is also a work in progress)
But I do have a picture of Green Quaker to show where I left off.

Well that is about all the stitching stuff I have for now so I am going to leave you with a couple of pictures of our new born calves. We are waiting on the last 4 calves to be born and then our calving season will be done.



Happy Stitching 
Denise

13 comments:

cucki said...

Aww such a sweet finish and sampler is so lovely too..the book shelf corner is looking so lovely..
Big hugs x

Linda said...

Cute finish and great progress Denise. Love your new bookshelf.

Linda

Barb said...

A nice little finish. Such cute little calves!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Cute little finish! I'm jealous of your craft room, it looks beautiful so far :D

Vickie said...

That is a sweet, little finish.
Sweet calves. =)

Kate said...

You were a busy stitcher last month!! I enjoyed the pix of the calves.

Anne said...

Hello Denise

Love your April Showers and Green Quaker is very pretty.

Your craft room looks very organised!

The calves are so cute!
Happy weekend.

ALICE MARGAUX said...

lovely April showers, congratulations on the newborn calves. sunny kisses from Rio.

Shirlee said...

Aw Denise ... those calves are so sweet : ) Congratulations on your finish! Wow! You sure did make a lot of stitches in April! I like how you kept track : ) Your shelves in your craft room look great. I need to do something like that one of these days : ) Have a great weekend!

Catherine said...

Cute stitches and great bookcase! Love seeing the little ones ~ that last one has caught my eye!!

Mii Stitch said...

Cute stitches & lovely pictures! Thanks for sharing with us all x

Annette-California said...

I love how you organized your magazines and books - fantastic. I need to get all mine in one place:) Love your darling April piece. I like your green Quaker wip too.
love Annette

SoCal Debbie said...

Congrats on your pretty spring finish! What a nice idea to have a themed basket for each season or holiday. It's amazing how you keep track of how many stitches you do each month. What is the highest amount you've done in a month? Great job organizing your books and magazines. I need to organize my stash too.

Good Morning Everyone! I just got back from having coffee with my daughter. This is something I don't normally get to do because she ...