Monday, March 31, 2014

New Start and a Beautiful Weekend

Good Morning Everyone!
What a Beautiful weekend we had! We grilled some meat and potatoes and sat out side and enjoyed the sunshine. Today is going to be another story. It is suppose to be around 60 degrees by noon but go down hill from there and by 7-8 this evening it should be around in the 30's and a blizzard warning is in the forecast. In our area they say we could get 1-4 inches of snow.
Ok back to our beautiful weekend. Here are a few pictures that I took, as you can see my focus is my granddaughter,( imagine that).
 
She loves her bunny ears!

Taking a walk down to the shop to see grandpa.

Aunt Kay and Sharlee


Aunt Heidi and Sharlee had just gotten back from a ride on the 4wheeler
 
These next pictures are of Sharlee helping grandpa sweep the shop.

notice her outfit - she dressed herself and we didn't argue.

 
Now for my stitching, I decided to start something new.
I thought if I stitched something spring it would help with the weather outside, but not so much.
 

Country Cottage Needleworks
Bee Joyful
 
I am using the called for fabric of 28 ct Lambswool Linen and the called for threads. I have had this project kitted up for some time. It is an easy stitch, so I should have it done this week. Here is what the finish will look like.
 
 
Well that is about it for this morning. I have a few things to get done then off to town to drop my income taxes of at the accountants - nothing like waiting to the last minute to get them in. I am hoping to get back home before the snow hit.
 
Enjoy your week!
Happy Stitching!
Denise


 


11 comments:

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful new start! Stay safe :D

Mii Stitch said...

Oooh, I have this chart too. I was planning on working on this soon!! :) Your start is looking great!

Vickie said...

Good for you enjoying lots of family time. That is a sweet, new stitch. Just my color!

Karyn said...

Gorgeous start, Denise :) I love the spring colors!
What an awesome weekend, you are so blessed with such a sweet family.
Stay safe and warm…'nough already Mother Nature!
Hugs
Ma

cucki said...

Beautiful new start ...looking lovely xx

Bekca said...

I love Country Cottage designs, you've made a great start :)
Best wishes.

Bev said...

Beautiful new start love the pretty pink colour x

Dani - tkdchick said...

what a lovely spring-like new start!

Vicky L said...

Your new start is beautiful. I love your family pictures too.

blue star stitcher said...

Sharlee is adorable, pretty new start too.

Simply Victoria said...

Your granddaughter is sure working hard pushing that broom.
Nice new start.
Hope the snow didn't hit you too hard.

Good Morning Everyone! I just got back from having coffee with my daughter. This is something I don't normally get to do because she ...