Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Flood is here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well its Tuesday morning and I didn't get much sleep last night. At 12:30 am my husband comes into our bedroom and tells me to get dress and packed the flood was coming. You see we live about a quarter of a mile from the Big Sioux River and all the snow is melting from the north of us and coming down the river. By 2:30 am the house was almost surrounded with water, we got our stuff loaded in the car and the 3 dogs in the pickup and up to my mother & father in laws place. This is were we stay until the water goes down. This is the 5th time we have been flooded in the last 20 years, I think we should move the house to higher ground. I will try to post some of the pictures that I took this morning later this afternoon.
Oh and I should mention that one of the first things that I packed up was a couple of my cross stitching projects that I am working on. I'm going to need some stress relief time!

Happy Stitching
Denise

No comments:

Good Morning Everyone! I just got back from having coffee with my daughter. This is something I don't normally get to do because she ...