Thursday, June 21, 2012

Tag your it!

THE ELEVEN THINGS QUIZ

I have been tagged by More Than Just Cross Stitchin - Bonnie, Tracey, Jody, & Anita.

 The Rules:


  • Post these rules.
  • You must post 11 random things about yourself.
  • Answer the questions set for you in their post.
  • Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.

1. What is the strangest thing you’ve ever confessed to eating for breakfast?
Bonnie: Two fruit servings – Orange juice and Peach Schnapps.

Tracey: Shreddies along with Homemade Skor Bars.

Anita: Original Mini Wheats along with Reeces Peanut Butter Cups.

Jody: Cold, left over asparagus.

What’s your answer?          Cold leftover Chicken or Pizza

2. When shopping, what aisle do you gravitate to first?

Bonnie: Home Décor unless distracted by Bling.

Tracey: Books and magazines.

What’s your answer?         I start on one side and make my way around the store - don't want to miss anything.

3. What is the most recent book you’ve read?

Tracey: 50 Shades of Grey.

Anita: 50 Shades of Grey.

Jody: 50 Shades of Grey.

Bonnie: 30 Shades of Grey – I’m not done yet.

What’s your answer?        I'm with Bonnie - I am only half done with Shades of Gray.

4. Who is your favourite movie star dream guy/gal?

Tracey: Johnny Depp.

Anita: Richard Gere.

Jody: Robert Downey Jr. Bonnie: Colin Firth, Tom Hanks, George Clooney, Mike Delfino from Desperate Housewives, Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs; Bonnie is greedy!!

What’s your answer?     Matt Damon from Bourne Identity

5. Do you file your patterns by Designer, Alphabetically or by Category?

Bonnie: Who files??

Tracey: Mainly by category, unless it’s a series.

Anita: Ditto to Tracey.

Jody: Ditto to Anita.

What’s your answer?  I'm with Bonnie again - who files??

6. Do you stick to the pattern when stitching or change it up?

Bonnie: I tend to change it up.

Tracey: hmmmmm 9 times out of 10, I”ll stick to the pattern.

What’s your answer?     I stick to the pattern

7. Would you ever want to try your hand at designing?

Bonnie: Why yes of course.

Tracey: Perhaps…

What’s your answer?  I think it would be fun to try it once.

8. Do you tend to stitch more or less in the summer months?

Bonnie: Less. I spend more time in the gardens.

Tracey: Definitely less! The gardens always seem to be calling my name.

What’s your answer?       I don't have a garden but I seem to have more activities so it would have to be definitely less.

9. Have you ever attended a stitching retreat?

Bonnie: Yes, at Brentwood on the Beach with the Stitching Sisters and soon to be at a cozy cabin in the woods.

Tracey: Ditto

Anita: Ditto

Jody: Ditto

What’s your answer?    Yes quite a few but not in the last couple of years. thinking about going to one this fall.
10. If money wasn’t an issue and you had the opportunity to choose from one or the other, would you totally renovate your home and stay, or move.

Bonnie: I would move to a one level home. (with a pool and lazy river)

Tracey: I would pick my house up and move it to the country. Is that an option?Bonnie: No Tracey, that is not an option.

What’s your answer?     Move!!!! We live in the Flood plain so we get flooded out of our house every few years ( last year twice.) Not Fun!

11. Do you track the hours you spend on a stitching project?

Bonnie: Not always, but I did for a special gift. I tracked it as 197 hours.

Tracey: I used to... I just don’t care anymore. I finish when I finish.

What’s your answer?      Sometimes I keep track of the hours spent. But I like to keep track of the number of stitches for each project.



My eleven choices are as follow - sorry if you have been tagged already its hard to keep track of who has been already tagged.

Melissa - St John Stitcher
Angie - Lovie Dew Stitchery
Cole - Something for me
Teresa S - At  Willow Tree Pond
Mckenna C - Chic Crafting
Autumn - The Whisper of Autumn
Tammy - I Want to do one more Stitch
Heather - Heathers Cottage
Heather - Heather's Stitching Story
Lauren P - Ambitious Stitcher
Teresa - Quite & Relaxation

Now for my 11 questions

1) Do you have a special place to stitch?  In my recliner next to the window
2) At what age did you start stitching?  I was 26 when I started cross stitching but I had been sewing and crafting since I was a teen.
3)What are you currently reading? 50 Shades of Gray
4) What do you do for a living? I live and work on a 400 acre farm. Raise baby bottle calves and chickens.
5) If you could change your work profession what would you do? I don't think I would change anything that I have done in the past or right now.
6) What is your favorite stitching designer or piece that you have worked on?  Metamorphosis by Ink Circle.
7) Are you a cat lover or dog lover? I love my dogs
8) What is your favorite holiday to stitch for.  Christmas by far!
9) What is your favorite season on the year? I love fall
10) What is you favorite comfort food? Meatloaf and baked potatoes
11) If you are married , how long have you been married? I am married and have been for 33 years.

There you go, can't wait to see your answers.
Happy Stitching
Denise





No comments:

Good Morning Everyone! I just got back from having coffee with my daughter. This is something I don't normally get to do because she ...