Saturday, July 12, 2014

Good Evening Everyone!
Today was a warm one so I was inside most of this afternoon. I got my mowing done this morning while it was still comfortable outside.
In my last post I told you all about our medical stuff going on and I am happy to report that everyone is on the mend and feeling much better. My husband and grandson still have some healing to do but they are doing great.
Our 4th of July was spent at a small town celebration - we have attended this celebration for about 10 years. And our whole family usually attends 
getting a ride before the pull starts

Sharlee showing off her new swimming suit.
sitting in the shade before the pull started

making it down the track

one of the tractors that is pulling

Now on to some of my stitching projects that I have worked on.
I worked on Woodland folks a little bit and then decided I needed to enlarge the chart so I could see it better. But here is a picture of my progress so far.
all the grass is done

started on the wooden log

While I was waiting to get the chart enlarged I worked on Prairie Gardens
 
As you can see I had a lot more completed on this square but miscounted and I just could not make it work with out pulling out all the stitches and start over on it. I have it all frogged and started over, this time I started on the bottom of the square. That seems to work the best for me.

The other thing that I worked on was some Christmas Wreaths & Stars Quilt blocks
January, February, & March Blocks

January - Bear Paw Wreath
February - Snowflake Star
March - Pinwheel Wreath
Well that is about it for me tonight - time to get ready for bed
I hope everyone enjoys there Sunday!
Happy Stitching
Denise

6 comments:

cucki said...

Such a sweet post ..beautiful stitching and lovely blocks
Big hugs x

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Love your photos...

Your Stitching looks great and so does your Quilt Block...I need to get busy on my Quilt Blocks again.

Happy Stitching
Happy Quitling
Linda K,Railroad

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Such good times at the 4th Celebration!
I love your quilt squares and your stitching is coming along great!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful stitching, and I love those quilt blocks! Great job :D

Mary Ann said...

Great photos of your 4th of July! Lovely stitching progress, and the quilt blocks are very pretty!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Frogging is so frustrating!!! Your stitching is looking great!

Good Morning Everyone! I just got back from having coffee with my daughter. This is something I don't normally get to do because she ...