Monday, October 15, 2012

Back From our Lake Shetek Retreat

I got home around noon yesterday from our Lake Shetek Stitching Retreat.
I had a great time visiting with everyone there. It has been about 3 or 4 years since I have attended the retreat and the girls were all glad to see me back.
Here are a few pictures that I took. None of the women that attended are bloggers, so for my memory sake I will put there first names under there picture.

Cindy


Grace, Donna, Ann, Char & Judy


not sure what the first 2 ladies names
were but the 3rd one with the
white shirt is Sharon


Sunrise on Thursday moring


Betty and her daughters and
granddaughter


Mona & Barb quilting


Judy, Sally, & ?


Scrapbookers in the Library


more scrapbooking
\


Grace taking a nap


Fall Colors
I did get one thing finished and several things worked on, so here is my Stitching update!


Harvest Hand Towel
Elizabeth Spurlock - Cross Stitch & Needlework
14 ct banded huck towel
called for DMC floss
Started Jan 15, 2012  (CJC)
finished Oct 10, 2012
Next I worked on Blooming with Inspriation for a short while
This is where I left off around July 8, 2012

filled in the one box and did the outline for the next one on
Oct 11, 2012
The 40ct material was getting to me so I decide to work on BoaF for awhile and this is my progress.
As of July 8, 2012

as of Oct 14, 2012
I kinda feel like I should have gotten more stitching done but I also  got a lot of reading done, took a nap every afternoon so I could stay up late at night with the big girls (actually the younger ones) and there was a lot of talking, laughing, checking out what everyone else is working on. And ofcourse we can't forget lots of snacking. It was a great weekend and now back at home to get caught back up on the laundry & cleaning that didn't get done while I was gone.

Have a great week everyone
Happy Stitching
Denise
 


6 comments:

Vickie said...

Good for you. Such a good time. Love the hand towel.

Mii Stitch said...

Wow, looks like you had a lovely time!

cucki said...

yup..looks like you had a fun time..
hugs xxx

SoCal Debbie said...

You made lots of progress on your WIPs! The towel is perfect!

All those stitching ladies look so happy and comfortable! Did everyone bring their own Ott light? So many have the same floor lamp. It makes me want to get one too! The trays for stitching are perfect. I need one of those too!

Linda said...

Great progress on all your pieces. Looks like great fun at the retreat.

Linda

Unknown said...

Your retreat looks and sounds just how I imagined it would. Wondering if I would ever be able to work on 40ct. That just sounds so small. Blooming with Inspiration is hust beautiful

Good Morning Everyone! I just got back from having coffee with my daughter. This is something I don't normally get to do because she ...