Thursday, October 25, 2012

First Snow of the Season

 
Well we got our first snow of the season. It was only about 2 inches and now at 3:00 pm its about half melted away. These pictures were taken at about 6:30 this morning.

 
 
In my last blog I stated that I hadn't stitched for a couple of days, well it was more like 4 days that I didn't stitch but I am back at it again. I worked on Abigail's birth announcement for a couple of nights. Forgot to take a picture of it, so I will up date that in my next post.
 
I did start something new (shocker) I was reading a blog and they were talking about a leisure arts leaflet from years and years ago. It was called Christmas Patches
 
This patchwork santa caught my interest ( I really like cross stitching Santas) and I went looking through my stash and found that I had that leaflet. I really wanted to do the big patchwork Santa but knew I wouldn't finish it so I settled on the medium Santa. All I have left is the back stitching.

This Santa is only about 5 inches tall so I will finish him as an ornament. And I got my patchwork fix for the moment. It took me longer that I though it would because I had to keep changing colors all the time. I should have him finished up tonight or tomorrow morning.
 
Well I better go get supper started - first I have to think of something to make?
 
I hope everone is having a great week so far!
Happy Stitching
Denise


12 comments:

Teresa said...

So jealous of the snow, it is about 85 here in California.
My son is in North Dakota and will have to see if he got snow.
Love the patchwork Santa, very cute.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

SoCal Debbie said...

What is snow? I'm also in California and it was in the 80s today. Your Patchwork Santa is adorable! Will he have a lot of backstitching?

Denise said...

Snow mean chili. I think I have that pattern too. I have the entire Leisure Arts Santa book. Someday... btw -- your's looks fabulous!

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

I love you snow!!!! Send some my way here to Alabama!! Your santa is looking cute!!

Lesleyanne said...

Great photos of the snow. It is a bit early for snow here. Great new start on your patchwork santa.

Mii Stitch said...

That Santa is fabulous!! I love him, Mii x

Vickie said...

Aaahhh! I live in Wisconsin. I KNOW what snow is. You can have it. No thanks. ;)
You made great, quick progress.

Unknown said...

SNOW - I so don't want it to come to Central New York - The kids will not be able to go Trick or Treating without Mittens and Winter Coats.

Love your Santa... Thanks for Sharing your pics

DJH said...

Love the Santa! He looks great.

Hazel said...

Hello. Its bitterly cold here in the UK so im expecting snow soon unless it warms up. Here, everything stops when it snows so not looking forward to it. Xx

Jackie said...

Good Sunday afternoon Denise:))
So glad to have you stop by my blog.
Love your snow pic and I hope you enjoyed some of the snow.
I too enjoy stitching Santas and I really like the one you stitched as I am partial to the patchwork coat:)) I think it will be a beautiful ornie when you are done.
I enjoyed looking around at your blog too Denise. Beautiful work!
Take care and thanks again for stopping by.

Jackie:))

Lillie said...

Lovely snowy photos.
Rain is all we get at my end, LOL
That's a fabulous looking santa
Happy stitching

Good Morning Everyone! I just got back from having coffee with my daughter. This is something I don't normally get to do because she ...