Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Is Over

It has been a couple of weeks since I last posted a blog
so I decided it was time to get caught up.
I have tried to keep up on the reading of blogs but I
got a little behind on that also.
Right before Christmas I was busy getting some last minute
Stitching done.
Last year I wanted these stockings done, but never got 
around to it. And I got the last one stitched on
on Christmas Eve this year. The girls all picked out there own
color they wanted.

The other project that I was working on was
pillow cases for each of the grandkids.
I should have said 6 grandkids and 1 son
Trey & Gavin got John Deere pillow cases
Kyla got butterflies
Kacee got princess
Kynzie got Tinkerbell
Sharlee got Minnie Mouse
and my son TJ got a Farmall pillow case
they all loved them.

Then I started a bread cover for the New Year
Isn't this just the cutest!
This was a little bit fussy with lots of half stitches
but I had fun spending a couple of evenings
stitching it.

And now that Christmas is over and the house
is cleaned back up I started stitching again on my Santa that
I had planned to have done by now. HaHa. It looks like it will be
for next year.
I have added the green section since I last took a
picture of this Santa. I will continue to work on him
until January 1st when I will be starting the
2012 Crazy Challenge. I will be doing 15 new starts and
will make a list of my WIP's (I think there are about 10 of them)
and work on finishing them up also.

Here are some pictures from Christmas Day here on our farm.
Kacee with her princess bank

Gavin was picking up the wrapping paper

Trey got the Cowboy Hat that he wanted

Kacee and Kynzie playing with their new paper dolls


My oldest daughter Jill and her daughter Sharlee

Daughter #2 Kay and her boyfriend Travis
and Kynzie stuck her head in at the last minute.
Silly girl!

And the little girls relaxing and watching Minnie Mouse

Well that just about does it for now.
I hope everyone had a great Christmas, I know that I did!
And I look forward too all the great stitching in the
New Year.

Denise 





7 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Great progress on your Santa. Lovely photos from your christmas.

cucki said...

aww so many cute pictures of christmas..i love them all so much..
great progress on your stitching..
hugs fro you cucki xx

SoCal Debbie said...

Thanks for sharing your holiday pics! Your Santa will look great for next year. The pillowcases are a great gift!

Catherine said...

Looks like good times had by all!

Pumpkin said...

LOL! Love all the pictures of the kids :o) Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas!

All the best in the New Year and can't wait to see what you'll be stitching.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

What a great Christmas! Loved all the pics of your family.

Happy New Year!

Mary Ann said...

You have a beautiful family and I loved seeing the photos from Christmas--it looks like a lot of fun was had!!

Lovely stitching, and I look forward to seeing all you stitch in 2012. Happy New Year!!

Good Morning Everyone! I just got back from having coffee with my daughter. This is something I don't normally get to do because she ...